Saturday, March 26, 2005

Diversions - Killer of TIME...

I am in my native on a 3 day long week end in connection with Good Friday. Still my second assessments are on. They have not attained completion.

So the day I started from CEG, Chennai, I, very ingeniously, took many books with me, to read. Everytime I do the same thing. I would be stubborn and robust in my attitude of studying in my home..

But it's hightime, I abided by my attitude. Right from the moment I step into the cool water from that inferno(comparing my home with my hostel), forget what is what and my whole attitude would change.

My heart, my soul, my everything would force me to enjoy, would discourage me in an encouraning manner. I detest my soul at times. Many reaction forces would act from my 'inner' when I come home. I've heard many times, my 'inner', saying "Studies are secondary." So all the books I bring would never pose their heads out at home. They'd be safely packed in my suitcase.

LAME EXCUSE :
Lots and lots of distractions and diversions.
Calls from my friends, old memories, TV, Computer, a good breakfast, a delicious dinner, a luscious lunch etc. help me much in deviating from books.

At night, I go to sleep with a heavy dissatisfying heart, with a reminiscent mind on how well I wasted the day. Days would pass the same way.

On the day I leave home for the following day's class, I'd feel the heaviest of my hearts and would a pose a desperate and virtual smile at my parents as though I am blissful. The heaviest moment comes when the train destined to Chennai, roars out of the station. I'd drop all my pleasant memories and would carry all remorseful feelings with me.

But when I reach my hostel, the heavy hearts of other colleagues (whose itinerary matched mine), would make me feel relaxed a bit.
This "reminiscence" will orthdoxly, be the same whenever I come home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same here. Havent touched book yet.

- Vinoth

Anonymous said...

Hey I know wat will happen during holidays ! so I never plan to study at home !!! Good idea??? isnt it ??

- Jeya Anand

Doctor Bruno said...

Very good potrayal of student days

But My problem is that i do the same thing in my home as WELL AS in HOSTEL . Any suggestions