Saturday, February 20, 2010

It does happen in Japan - 6....

The Transition...

It is all a part of life and it is in-built in every homo-sapien to adapt to it, the adaptive capability could vary though. What is it that, I am rattling about? Yes. CHANGE. THE TRANSITION.

(Somehow, managed to give a start to this post in a way that is quite away from normal. The reason being, majority of the ‘homo-sapienic’ population, who write on CHANGE or TRANSITION, by default kicks off with “Nothing in this world is permanent except change” (different versions of it could be available, though. But, this would be their essence) because this particular adage would have been taught at a very early age, simple to remember, strikes your mind first when you think of CHANGE or TRANSITION. Huh! I guess, it took quite a few sentences to explain that I am not an ordinary person. Let’s talk sense.)

So, for people who are aware, I am glad that you are aware and for people who are unaware, here it goes. Right now, I am being put up at Takatsuka (Hamamatsu City, Shizuoka , Japan) which is where Suzuki Motor Corporation’s (SMC) head-quarters is located and which is where I have all the work to do for the next ten odd months. I have shifted to this place from an ALL WAS WELL, AOTS, Osaka on 27th Jan. 2010 (You are welcome to check that link out for ‘all was well’ justification.) It has been almost a month here in Hamamatsu and as all of you rightly guessed, I have got adapted to the new place.

The transition was quite tough though. The last day at AOTS, Osaka was really emotional (less for the reason that, I am parting off from lot of nice people, I came across and more for the reason that I am leaving a place that proved to be an ACE in terms of hospitality, facilities and the environment). En-route Hamamatsu from Osaka, in Shinkansen (Super-fast bullet train), we were engulfed with emotions (for AOTS) and excitement (that we are moving on to a totally different place). [Somehow, I managed to inform that I have travelled in Shinkansen. FYI, this trip was my fourth-time in Shinkansen].

Now, I am being put up on the fifth floor of the R&D building of SMC. Office is a 10 minute walk from my place of residence called the LEO PALACE EARU (Please do not get deceived by the name. It isn’t really palace like, infact, I do not have any clues as to why was this named a palace. But, however it is, it is called Leo palace Earu.) and hence very comfortable. I am staying single. It has got a decent amount of facilities. Although, right from self cooking, to getting groceries, fetching vegetables, to preparing a meal plan, to disposing garbage, to cleaning vessels, to washing clothes, to cleaning the room, wash-room and sink, to dry and press clothes (I might have missed out something) everything is SELF-MANAGED unlike my previous place, where it was…. Huh! Heaven. To be crisp, it is like running a family (obviously, ‘OFFICE'ing all day parallely).

But the good thing is, I have got adapted to the new place and have started liking it and have sculpted out some interest into this way of living. (That is what is required, ultimately. You know, being an Indian, actually helps. I am talking about the flexibility characteristics imbibed in them.)

8 comments:

sents said...

Life is all about changes and we need to adapt to it.. How is the work going on? how long you work in the office?

Ravisekharan (a) Ravi said...

@Senthil: Office is fine dude. I work from 8:45 am to 5:30 pm.

Margie said...

Glad that you have adapted to the new place and are liking it!

Be well and take care.

Margie :)

Ravisekharan (a) Ravi said...

@Margie :

Thanks :)

AK said...

Nice Blogs man! You rock.. Happy to hear you r doin gr8 in japan

Ravisekharan (a) Ravi said...

@Arun :
Thanks. :)

Unknown said...

human idiosyncrasies very ell captured.way to go dude:):):)

jyotsna said...

human idiosyncrasies very well captured way to go dude:):)