Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Opinion that differed....

"A very good movie" was my comment on SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE, as I stepped out after watching it. A.R.Rahman, being my favourite, I could not resist giving the music and the background score, a 5 on 5. The background score was just too irresistably good. It's no big a surprise, this has been nominated for oscars. Good to hear that it has received 10 OSCAR nominations.

But,
Here is the other way of looking at this film.

The other side of the coin

On reading this, I had no words to comment.

7 comments:

Sameera Ansari said...

I liked the movie,but the second half was quite cliched.As for the music,it is a very versatile composition,but ARR has composed better scores :)

Ravisekharan (a) Ravi said...

@Sameera:

Ya ARR is a genius u know!! :)

Jeya Anand said...

I loved the movie and it background score..And i dont like the review u suggested..

Ravisekharan (a) Ravi said...

Even, I didnt like dat.. Dat's y, I requested you ppl to read that for sure... And comment as to how u feel...

sents said...

ARR always rocks. This is the time he has got recognition for what he deserves. His previous music scores in films like Roja,Bombay, Rang de basanti were also too good but failed to get the attention of the international audience for the reason it is not an English movie. Anyway lets hope he gets the Oscar award too..

Ravisekharan (a) Ravi said...

@Senthil,

Ya. Let's C!!

wildflower said...

Rahman music is great! soul-cleansing stuff